Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 times in 3 days! too often!

2 times in 3 days. Is it how often I clean the bathroom? "NO". Is it how often I play sports or do exercise? "No, I'm not that industrious." So what is it then? "It's the frequency of earthquake, of course."

I've been here for about 4 months by now. During this time, I've always expected the quake to happen sometimes, and I've been prepared for the shock.

But only the day before yesterday did I experience it. It was on Sunday, August 9th, at around 8 o'clock in the evening. I was having my dinner alone in my room when suddenly the whole building started to shake. It was terrible. it seemed that I was not in the building, but on a boat. I didn't know what to do besides opening the door and making sure that the stove was turned off. Lots of people in the dorm came out of their rooms. Some sounded a bit frightened, while the others looked excited. It was lucky that it lasted only a few seconds.

Today (August 11th) it came again. 5 o'clock in the morning was a very good time when everyone was fast asleep. But I was suddenly woken up by the shake of the building. It was even more terrible than the one happened 2 days ago. This time the building seemed to move both up and down, and side by side, unlike the one before which only moved side by side.

It was a bit frightening, though it was small. Somehow I feel that the quake may happen more frequently. It's unbelievable that within only 3 days, it's happened 2 times already. Will it come in 3 like some people say? I'll be prepared for that.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was earthquake on the 9th. I was in supermarket that day, and the glass window started shaking, but i thought it was the employees accidentally pushed it or sth until my senpai told me ''it is earthquake now''. Has ha... it was too small here! I wanna feel a bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you reduced your eating habbit to 2 times in 3 days :P hahah lolz.. =))

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Cesar, u know what? though i wasn't too frightened, i don't want it to come again. that's enough, esp when i'm sleeping. the worst thing about it was that i was having a very pleasant dream. i wish the quake would choose a better time.

    Sokhour, if that became my habit, i would be very much happy. become thinner heuy, sol loy teat. hehe. good ta

    ReplyDelete

hi thx so much for ur interest.