Wednesday, August 19, 2009

small but huge

Today one incident taught me 2 lessons; ones which tell sth about relationship.

The first one is sth familiar, and of course, well-known to everyone. It is the simple word "Trust".

This mere one-syllable word is easy to say. And some people may take it for granted, and they may not know that having and giving it and not having and giving it can affect a feeling and a relationship to a great extent. This relationship I am talking about is meant for a broad term. It can be anything-- a relationship among members of a family or friends, or that between two lovers. Have anyone out there ever experienced a feeling that you are not trusted by the friend or the person you always give your trust to? How did it feel like? Not really a pleasant one, I guess. And me too, I felt the same way today.

I know that in this modern world people are hard to trust, unlike they were in the long long past when they were believed to have pure mind and to be trust-worthy. However, that should not apply to just any cases. At least, one should have the trust for the one they love, or the one who always trust them. Without it, a relationship cannot last long and be perfected. This may be one of the roots of lots of problems happening in lots of families, especially between spouses. And that may also be one of the reasons that close friends at school become strangers after graduation.

And the other lesson is "Small things taken for granted".

Small things like asking "Are you ok?" when seeing a friend looking unwell, or giving a call when a friend is absent from a class and so on, can be trivial on the surface. But sometimes they mean a lot when they are not done. However, I do not think doing it too much is good either. This word "Too" is rarely positive, I guess.

I very much like to write about the exact incident I had, but I ought not to. I do wish people will learn to think more by putting themselves into the other people's shoes, though they smell terrible. lols :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi thx so much for ur interest.